Your privacy is respected by The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (“theTrust / we/ us”) and your personal information will be handled in accordance with the PrivacyAct1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”).
Personal Information that the Trust may collect and hold
The nature of the personal information we will collect and hold will vary depending on the circumstances in which we are dealing with you. This information may include:
- information we collect from you on an application form or other documentation (such as your name, date of birth, address – both postal and private, contact details including telephone numbers and email, qualifications, employment history and information about your community activities); and
- information from reference forms completed by a Referee.
- processing applications and selecting Churchill Fellows;
- use for the promotion of Churchill Fellowships, including:
- issuing media releases at the time the annual Fellowships are announced; and
- publishing information in our Annual Report such as the details of a Fellowship project;
- engaging, or assisting a Fellow to engage with service providers, contractors or suppliers that may be necessary for, or assist with, the Fellowship project. For example, we will provide information to travel consultants who arrange travel for Fellows;
- arranging courses, tuition or conference bookings on behalf of a Fellow with overseas organisations;
- maintaining contact with Fellows for development and engagement purposes
- publishing information on our website so that the community can easily access Fellowship Reports (this information may include the name and contact details of a Churchill Fellow); and
- compliance with various Australian laws which may either expressly, or in effect, require the Trust to collect your personal information.
- related entities, commercial parties (including parties with whom we have a commercial arrangement) and affiliates;
- persons involved in the assessment of applications for Fellowships, such as members of the State and Territory Selection Panels, State and Territory Selection Committees, and sponsors of Churchill Fellowships;
- service providers, such as travel consultants, tertiary or other educational institutions, information providers, advisors and the Trust’s travel insurance agent;
- Australian and foreign law enforcement agencies, bodies, authorities and courts;
- other persons that we need to deal with in connection with a Fellowship project, such as next-of-kin, training or medical providers, and Referees nominated by an Applicant; and
- other persons and entities as permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles.
How your personal information is held and protected
Accessing your information