The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (ACN 008 445 707) (the Trust, us, we, our) is the Australian arm of the trusts established in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand for the purpose of administering Churchill Fellowships in memorial to Sir Winston Churchill.
We are bound by and follow the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which sets clear standards for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, including providing you with notice of the matters set out in this Collection Notice.
The Trust will collect your personal information directly from you or with your consent from the Department of Internal Affairs, New Zealand Government (DIA) who are responsible for administering the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust New Zealand (the NZ Trust).
The Trust intends to collect your personal information for the purpose of:
- maintaining a register of Churchill Fellows;
- maintaining contact with you, as a Churchill Fellow, on behalf of the NZ Trust for development and engagement purposes.
In addition, we have published your already publicly available Fellowship Report and name on Our website to facilitate public and community access to your report.
If you do not consent to the Trust collecting your personal information your information will not be included in Our register of Fellows and you will not be contacted in relation to development and engagement activities.
If you would like your Fellowship report removed from Our website, please contact us on the details below. However, your Fellowship report will remain on the DIA website unless you make alternative arrangements directly with them for its removal.
- contact the Trust via the following details:
The Privacy Officer
Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
Mail: GPO Box 1536, Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 6247 8333
E-mail: [email protected]
- access, or seek to request, the personal information the Trust holds about you;
- seek correction of your personal information held by the Trust;
- complain about a breach of the Trust’s privacy obligations and how the Trust will handle such a complaint;
and includes information about:
- how the Trust collects personal information;
- the entities, bodies or persons and the types of entities, bodies or persons, to which the Trust usually discloses personal information; and
- the circumstances in which the Trust is likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
The Trust may disclose the personal information collected from you to overseas recipients via the public display of your personal information on Our website as it relates to your Fellowship Report. Specifically, this information will include your name and any information you have included in your published Churchill Fellowship report.
The Trust stores its register of Churchill Fellows (which includes your name and contact details) on secure servers managed by Salesforce, which are currently hosted in Japan. It is intended that the servers will be migrated to Australian servers in due course and in line with Salesforce’s operational requirements.