The Policy Impact Program is designed to identify, curate and advocate a selection of ideas from Churchill Fellows that have the potential to shape best practice and policy reform on a variety of relevant and contemporary issues facing Australia.
A collaboration between The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (Churchill Trust) and the University of Queensland (UQ), the program will bring together the two organisations’ strengths to deliver a flagship annual publication – Policy Futures: A Reform Agenda (Policy Futures).
By signing this document, you provide your consent and agreement to the following:
1. When participating in the Policy Impact Program, you will work closely with leading policy experts to develop policy ideas into an article to be included in the Policy Futures publication (the Article)
2. You agree not to publish the Article, or grant anyone else a right of licence to publish the Article, or any modified version of the Article, until after the Policy Futures publication has been published.
3. After your Article has been published in Policy Futures, you are free to republish the Article both online and in However, you agree to use best endeavours to ensure that the publication:
a) attributes you as the author;
b) attributes any contributors; and
c) where the article has not been edited or modified in any way, includes a statement such as:
“This Article is republished from Policy Futures: A Reform Agenda, a collaboration between The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust and the University of Queensland. Read the original article at www.[insert].”;
OR Where edits have been made to the original article, includes a statement such as:
“This Article is republished with modifications from Policy Futures: A Reform Agenda, a collaboration between The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust and The University of Queensland. Read the original article at www.[insert]. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views or position of The University of Queensland or the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust.”
4. By signing this document you grant each of the Churchill Trust and UQ a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free licence, to use modify, adapt, copy, reproduce, publish, distribute and disseminate the Article, including in Policy Futures, provided that you are correctly attributed as the author of the
5. You warrant that you are the original author of the Article, and the Churchill Trust and UQ’s use of the Article will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
6. This document cannot be amended by you without the express written consent from the Churchill Trust and UQ and will be governed by the law of the Australian Capital
By signing the attachment below, you understand and agree to abide by the terms of this document and grant these rights, and acknowledge that you have had an opportunity to obtain independent legal advice.