Major Lessons Learnt:
• The necessity of LGBTI liaison officers work in the community to gain the trust of the community
• The benefits of having a 24hr central point of contact for LGBTI Liaison Officers
• The necessity of internal LGBTI awareness training programs for recruits and officers
• The need to acknowledge that DV occurs in all relationships, not just heterosexual
• The potential for the expansion of LGBTI liaison officer roles
• The critical importance of continual engagement with LGBTI support organisations
• The benefits of Community Consultative Committees involving the community and police
• The need to record DV incidents occurring in LGBTI communities.
Please provide some details as to why you wish to speak with this Fellow.
*The Trust will forward your enquiry on to this Fellow on your behalf..