Major Lessons Learnt:
• The necessity of LGBTI liaison officers work in the community to gain the trust of the community
• The benefits of having a 24hr central point of contact for LGBTI Liaison Officers
• The necessity of internal LGBTI awareness training programs for recruits and officers
• The need to acknowledge that DV occurs in all relationships, not just heterosexual
• The potential for the expansion of LGBTI liaison officer roles
• The critical importance of continual engagement with LGBTI support organisations
• The benefits of Community Consultative Committees involving the community and police
• The need to record DV incidents occurring in LGBTI communities.
Please provide some details as to why you wish to speak with this Fellow. The Trust will forward your enquiry on to this Fellow on your behalf.