The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (ACN 008 445 707) (the Trust, Us, We, Our) is a not-for-profit organisation established for the purpose of administering Churchill Fellowships in memorial to Sir Winston Churchill.
We are bound by and follow the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which sets clear standards for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, including providing you with notice of the matters set out in this Collection Notice.
The personal information collected by the Trust will include your name, date of birth, address – both postal and private, contact details including telephone number and email address, health conditions or disability (if you choose to disclose this) and any adjustments you may require, qualifications, details of social media accounts, citizenship and residency status, employment history and information about your community activities, as provided in your application form.
We will also collect personal information about you as provided to us on a reference form completed by a referee nominated by you.
We will collect your personal information directly from you or from any nominated referees.
The Trust intends to collect your personal information for the purpose of:
- evaluating and considering your application and suitability to be a Fellow;
- maintaining a register of current and former Fellowship Applicants and Fellows;
- compliance with various Australian laws which may either expressly, or in effect, require the Trust to collect your personal information;
- if successful in your application, for the purpose of:
- publishing information publicly on Our website to facilitate public and community access to your Fellowship Report (this information may include your name and contact details);
- promotion of Churchill Fellowships, including issuing media releases at the time Fellowships are announced and publishing information in Our Annual Report, for example, the details of your Fellowship project;
- engaging or assisting you to engage with service providers, contractors or suppliers that may be necessary for, or assist with, your Fellowship project. For example, We will provide information to travel consultants who arrange travel and accommodation for Fellows;
- arranging courses, tuition or conference bookings on behalf of a Fellow with overseas organisations;
- to third parties that assist Us in running programs, events or activities.
If you do not consent to the Trust collecting your personal information your Fellowship Application will not be considered.
The Privacy Officer
Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
Mail: GPO Box 1536, Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: (02) 6247 8333
- access, or seek to request, the personal information the Trust holds about you;
- seek correction of your personal information held by the Trust;
- complain about a breach of the Trust’s privacy obligations and how the Trust will handle such a complaint;
and includes information about:
- how the Trust collects personal information;
- the entities, bodies or persons and the types of entities, bodies or persons, to which the Trust usually discloses personal information; and
- the circumstances in which the Trust is likely to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
If successful, We may disclose Your name and surname as contained in your Fellowship Report to overseas recipients via the public display of your personal information on Our website as it relates to your Fellowship Report. We may store your personal information on servers located overseas (currently, Japan) as required from time to time.